Data ProtectionThe Local Organizing Committee of the SIAM UQ 2020 takes the protection of personal data very seriously. Personal data collected from our website visitors is processed in compliance with the data protection regulations in force, notably the Bavarian Data Protection Act (BayDSG) and the German Broadcast Media Act (TMG).
Below you will find details of the ways in which we collect and use personal data, the kind of data collected, and the purpose for which it is collected.
Data loggingThe SIAM UQ 2020 file platform web server is operated by the Computer Operations Group (RBG) of the Faculties of Mathematics and Computer Science, Boltzmannstr. 3, 85748 Garching near Munich.
Each time someone accesses our site, the web server temporarily stores the following information in log files:
- The IP address of the computer requesting access
- The date and time of access
- The name and URL of the accessed file and quantity of data transferred
- The access status (requested file transferred, not found etc.)
- Data identifying the browser and operating system used (if this data is provided by the requesting web browser)
- The website from which the SIAM UQ 2020 file platform website was accessed (if this information is provided by the requesting web browser)
- The log entries are continuously automatically evaluated so that attacks on the web servers can be identified and appropriate action taken.
- In certain cases, namely reported malfunctions, faults and security incidents, the data is analysed manually.
- Log files are always deleted every seven days.
Use and disclosure of personal dataIt is possible for read-only users to browse our website without entering any personal information. Details of how personal data is stored in the Summer School’s online application system are provided when you make your application.
Third parties are hereby expressly prohibited from using contact details published in accordance with the imprint requirement for the purpose of the sending of advertising and information materials that have not been specifically requested. The website operators explicitly reserve the right to take legal action in the event of the sending of unsolicited advertising, for example in the form of spam emails.
Email securityInformation that you send us as non-encrypted email may potentially be read by third parties. Furthermore, we are not able to check you identity and do not know the person behind an email address. A legally secure communication via email is, therefore, not guaranteed. We use SPAM filters which - in rare cases - may also consider regular emails erroneously as SPAM and delete them. Emails containing malicious programs (viruses) will be automatically deleted.
CookiesWhen you visit our website, “session cookies“ are stored on your computer by the browser. Cookies are small text files designed to help us make our site more user-friendly and effective. Cookies do not cause any damage to your computer and do not contain any viruses. Cookies are deleted when you end your browser session. The storage of these cookies can be blocked in your browser settings.
Please note that read-only users of the website do not suffer any loss of performance if they block the storage of cookies.
Notification and correctionYou have the right to be notified, on written request and free of charge, as to what personal data is held about you. You also have the right to request the correction, blocking or deletion of incorrect data.
Fakultät für Mathematik
85748 Garching bei München