Advanced Programming - Winter 10
- Winter 10
- Dr. rer. nat. Tobias Neckel
- Time and Place
- 00.13.009A, Wednesday, 10:15 - 12:00
- Computational Science and Engineering, first semester (module IN1503)
- Martin Roderus, M.Sc. See below for more information
- Semesterwochenstunden / ECTS Credits
- 4 SWS (2V+2Ü) / 5 Credits
!!! The first lecture will be held on Wedndesday, October 27, at 10:15am in room 00.13.009A !!!
!!! The first tutorial will be held on Monday, November 8. Please register for the Advanced Programming module in TUM Online and wait for further instructions !!!
This course belongs to the module IN1503. It addresses primarily students in the first semester of the CSE master's program.
- Basic elements of the Java programming language: expressions and variables, statements, functions and parameters, recursion, data structures, control structures
- Applications in scientific computing: iterative methods, matrix computation, systems of linear equations, PDE on Cartesian grids
- Object oriented programming: objects and classes, collections, inheritance, polymorphism
Part of the module is a weekly, compulsory tutorial with Java programming exercises.
The first tutorial will be held on Monday, November 8. Please register for the Advanced Programming module in TUM Online and wait for further instructions.
Material and exercises will be placed here as soon as the tutorial has started.
Will be placed here after the regarding lectures.
- Douglas Bell and Mike Parr: Java for Students, Prentice Hall/Pearson Education, 2002 (3rd edition)
- David J. Barnes and Michael Kölling: Objects First with Java - A Practical Introduction using BlueJ, Prentice Hall/Pearson Education
- Walter Savitch: Absolute Java, Addison-Wesley, 2006 (2nd edition)
- Python Software Foundation Software Carpentry
- David J. Barnes and Michael Kölling: Objektorientierte Programmierung mit Java, Prentice Hall/Pearson Education, 2003
- Reinhard Schiedermeier: Programmieren mit Java, Pearson Education, 2005
- Robert Sedgewick: Algorithmen in Java, Teil 1-4, Addison-Wesley, 2003 (3., überarbeitete Auflage)