Algorithms of Scientific Computing II - Winter 10
- Winter 10/11
- Univ.-Prof. Dr. Hans-Joachim Bungartz
- Time and Place
- Lecture: Wednesday, 10:15 - 11:45 Uhr, room MI 02.07.023, starting 20/10/2010
- Tutorial: Monday, 16:00 -18:00, every second week, room MI 02.07.023, starting 25/10/2010.
- Elective topic in Informatik Bachelor/Master/Diplom subject area "Algorithms and Scientific Computing"
- Wirtschaftsinformatik Bachelor (Modul IN2002)
- Mathematik, Natur- und Ingenieurwissenschaften students are also welcomed!
- Daniel Butnaru, M.Sc, Dipl.-Inf. Wolfgang Eckhardt
- details t.b.a.
- Semesterwochenstunden / ECTS Credits
- 3 SWS (2V + 1Ü) / 4 Credits
The lecture will be held this semester by Prof. Bungartz with a focus on Scientific Computing. The following themes will be covered:
- Molecular Dynamics Simulations
- Sparse Grid Methods
- Algebraic Multigrid Methods (AMG)
Slides (from the lecture held in WS08/09, not yet updated):
Every second week a two hour tutorial will take place (details at page top). The assignments and their solutions will be gradually posted here.
Lecture IN0019 Numerical Programming or similar basic knowledge in numerical methods.