Algorithms of Scientific Computing II - Winter 18
- Univ.-Prof. Dr. Thomas Huckle
- Time and Place
- Lecture: weekly, Thursdays 12:15 - 13:45 MI 02.07.023
- Tutorial: biweekly, Mondays 10:15 - 11:45 MI 02.07.034 (starting 5.11.)
- Elective topic in Informatik Bachelor/Master/Diplom subject area Algorithms and Scientific Computing
- Wirtschaftsinformatik Bachelor (Modul IN2002)
- Master Data Engineering and Analytics
- Master Mathematics in Data Science
- Ionut-Gabriel_Farcas,_M.Sc., Carsten_Uphoff,_M.Sc.
- Semesterwochenstunden / ECTS Credits
- 3 SWS (2V + 1Ü) / 4 Credits
Lecture 31.1. is cancelled. Instead there will be a lecture monday, 21.1. from 10:15-11:45.
All materials are provided in moodle
This semester the lecture will be held by Prof. Huckle with a focus on Scientific Computing. The following themes will be covered:
- Tensor Decompositions and Quantum Computing
- Image Processing and ill-posed problems
- Wavelet und Multigrid
Lecture IN0019 Numerical Programming or similar basic knowledge in numerical methods.