BGCE Seminar Leading Yourself and Others - Summer 14
- Summer 2014
- Ralph Pieper-Wörle
- Time and Place
- Block Course
- Fr 25.04.2014, Room: 01.07.023
- Sa 26.04.2014, Room: 02.07.023
- So 27.04.2014, Room: 02.07.023
- Sa 17.05.2014, Room: 02.07.023
- So 18.05.2015, Room: 02.07.023
- Fakultaet fuer Informatik/Mathematik (FMI)
- Boltzmannstr. 3
- 85748 Garching
- (Subway U6, Station Garching-Forschungszentrum, Google Maps  )
- only(!!!) BGCE students
- Semesterwochenstunden / ECTS Credits
- 3 ECTS credits
"Leading yourself and others" will guide you to acquire basic personal and leadership skills that are nowadays essential in professional life. This includes skills in
- differentiating leadership and management,
- understanding people, teams, and organizations,
- self-leadership vs. self-management,
- getting results through teamwork,
- perceiving and communicating,
- presenting and moderating,
- giving and receiving feedback,
- conducting crucial conversation,
- managing conflict and dealing with emotions (yours and others)
- et. al.
Skills, such as those indicated above, cannot only be acquired by listening to lectures or seminar talks. Thus, "Leading yourself and others" will mostly be a workshop, where the participants will have the opportunity to practice, experiment, and engage in group work and role-playing. Therefore, students will be encouraged to participate continuously and actively in the workshop sessions.
Please register until April 25, 2014 by mail to Michael Lieb, M.Sc..
This seminar is only for students of the Bavarian Graduate School of Computational Engineering (BGCE).