BGCE Seminar Leading Yourself and Others - Summer 17
- Summer 2017
- Ralph Pieper-Wörle
- Time and Place
- Venue (Block I)
- Venue (Block II)
- Venue (Block III)
- only BGCE students
- Semesterwochenstunden / ECTS Credits
- 3 ECTS credits
"Leading Yourself and Others" will guide you to acquire basic personal and leadership skills that are nowadays essential in professional life. This includes skills in
- differentiating leadership and management,
- understanding people, teams, and organizations,
- self-leadership vs. self-management,
- getting results through teamwork,
- perceiving and communicating,
- presenting and moderating,
- giving and receiving feedback,
- conducting crucial conversation,
- managing conflict and dealing with emotions (yours and others')
Skills, such as those indicated above, cannot only be acquired by listening to lectures or seminar talks. Thus, "Leading yourself and others" will mostly be a workshop, where the participants will have the opportunity to practice, experiment, and engage in group work and role-playing. Therefore, students will be encouraged to participate continuously and actively in the workshop sessions.
Via Email to Alfredo Parra Hinojosa.
This seminar is intended only for students of the Bavarian Graduate School of Computational Engineering (BGCE).