CSE Seminar: Fluid-Structure Interaction - Summer 13
- Summer 13
- Dr. rer. nat. Miriam Mehl, Dr. rer. nat. Tobias Neckel, Dipl.-Math. Benjamin Uekermann
- Time and Place
- block seminar, schedule t.b.a.; introduction lecture 15.04.2013 16:00 - 17:30 IAS conference room 2 (1st floor)
- Computational Science and Engineering,
Informatics (Master), Mathematics (Master)
- Semesterwochenstunden / ECTS Credits
- 2 SWS (2S) / 4 Credits
- CSE Seminar Fluid-Structure Interaction.
- For the reviews you can, but do not have to use this skeleton
- If you have not yet got your material from your supervisor, arrange a meeting with him.
- Wet set the date for the talks and the deadlines, see below.
- We changed the date for the introduction lecture due a time conflict with the repeat exam for Scientific Computing 1, see below.
- We set a date for the introduction lecture (see below), participation is highly recommended.
- The slides for the preliminary session are online now (see below). Please note that the schedule therein is only a rough sketch of the final schedule. All dates are subject to change. We will discuss the dates during the introductory lecture.
- Topics 7,8 and 9 are still open. If you want to participate, write an email to Dipl.-Math. Benjamin Uekermann.
|31.01.2013||18:00||02.07.023||Preliminary Session||All organisational things will be discussed here. slides|
|20.02.2013||12:00||-||Registration Deadline||email to Dipl.-Math. Benjamin Uekermann, see below|
|15.04.2013||16:00 - 17:30||IAS conference room 2 (1st floor)||Introduction Lecture||Introduction to FSI, all topics will be set into a context. Organization and discussion of the further schedule. FSI in a nutshell, organisational things and death by powerpoint.|
|till 19.04.2013||Arrange meeting with your supervisor|
|02.06.2013||23:59||Paper Deadline||anonymous (no name on the pdf) by mail to Dipl.-Math. Benjamin Uekermann|
|till 05.06.2013||Redistribution of the papers||Everybody gets 2 papers to review|
|23.06.2013||23:59||Review Deadline||anonymous (no name on the pdf) by mail to Dipl.-Math. Benjamin Uekermann|
|30.06.2013||23:59||Final Paper Deadline||by mail to Dipl.-Math. Benjamin Uekermann|
|01.07.2013||14:00 - 17:00||t.b.a.||Talks||Attendance mandatory|
|04.07.2013||9:00 - 12:00||t.b.a.||Talks||Attendance mandatory|
|08.07.2013||14:00 - 17:00||t.b.a.||Talks||Attendance mandatory|
Every student participating in the seminar has to choose one of the offered topics, prepare a paper, and a give a presentation about it. In addition, every student has to write two short reviews of papers from other students. The paper has to be submitted first, followed by the reviews of two other papers and, finally, the presentation of the topic to the other seminar participants.
The seminar covers topics related to the simulation of fluid-structure interaction (FSI) problems. It does not claim or even try to cover the full range of available topics in that field, but orients on current research topics and available expertise of the people giving the seminar. (E = Engineering, M = Mathematics, CS = Computer Science)
|1||Fluidmechanics basics (modeling)||E|
|2||FEM for fluid equations and moving geometries||M|
|3||Structural mechanics basics and discretization with FEM||E+M|
|6||Added-mass effect (stability analysis)||M|
|7||Data mapping for non-matching grids||CS|
|8||Peano as fluid simulation tool||CS+E|
|9||Comsol as structure simulation tool||CS+E|
|10||preCICE as coupling environment for partitioned FSI||CS|
Registering for the Seminar
To register for the seminar, write an email to Dipl.-Math. Benjamin Uekermann including your CV, a short motivation letter (half page), your TUM grades (if you already have grades) and your three favourite topics (ordered). Registration deadline is Feb 20th, 12 noon.