CSE Seminar: Fluid-Structure Interaction - Winter 11
- Winter 11
- M.Sc. Bernhard Gatzhammer, Dr. rer. nat. Miriam Mehl, Dr. rer. nat. Tobias Neckel
- Time and Place
- block seminar, schedule t.b.a.; kick-off meeting: July 20, 2011, 14:00-15:00 02.07.023
- Computational Science and Engineering (3rd semester),
Informatics (Master), Mathematics (Master)
- Semesterwochenstunden / ECTS Credits
- 2 SWS (2S) / 4 Credits
Every student participating in the seminar has to choose one of the offered topics, prepare a paper, and a give a presentation about it. In addition, every student has to write two short reviews of papers from other students. The paper has to be submitted first, followed by the reviews of two other papers and, finally, the presentation of the topic to the other seminar participants.
The detailed information are listed in the handout.
The seminar covers topics related to the simulation of fluid-structure interaction (FSI) problems. It does not claim or even try to cover the full range of available topics in that field, but orients on current research topics and available expertise of the people giving the seminar. The topics are :
- () Fluidmechanics basics
- () Discretisation techniques for fluid equations
- () Structural mechanics basics and discretisation with the finite element method
- () Coupling of fluids and structures
- () Coupling algorithms for the solution of partitioned FSI
- () Coupling data mapping for non-matching grids
- () Spacetrees for efficient data mapping and geometry queries
- () Peano as fluid simulation tool
- () Comsol as structure simulation tool
- () preCICE as coupling environment for partitioned FSI
Registering for the Seminar
Please come to the kick-off meeting on July 20, 2011, 14:00-15:00 in room 02.07.023 (default seminar room of the chair).