CSE Seminar Fluid Structure Interaction - Winter 09
- Winter 09
- M.Sc. Bernhard Gatzhammer, Dipl. Math. Tobias Neckel
- Time and Place
- block seminar, schedule t.b.a.
- Computational Science and Engineering (3rd semester),
- Semesterwochenstunden / ECTS Credits
- 2 SWS (2S) / 4 Credits
Every student participating in the seminar has to choose one of the offered topics, prepare a paper, and a give a presentation about it. In addition, every student has to write two short reviews of papers from other students.
The seminar covers topics related to the simulation of fluid-structure interaction problems. It does not claim or even try to cover the full range of available topics in that field, but orients on current research topics and available expertise of the people giving the seminar. Available topics are:
- Fluidmechanics basics
- Discretization techniques for fluid equations
- Structural mechanics basics and discretization with the finite element method
- Coupling of fluids and structures
- Coupling algorithms for the solution of partitioned FSI
- Coupling data mapping for non-matching grids
- Spacetrees for efficient data mapping and geometry queries
- Peano as fluid simulation tool
- Comsol as structure simulation tool
- preCICE as coupling environment for partitioned FSI
Registering for the Seminar
If the seminar seems to be interesting for you and you decided to take it, think about two to three topics that you can imagine to dive into. Write an informal email to Bernhard Gatzhammer (firstname.lastname@example.org) containing your topic wishlist. The topics will be distributed on a first come first serve basis, as far as possible.