Scripting with Bash and Python - 2010
The compact course on scripting in Bash and Python will take place from
- May 3-14, 9:30-13:30 (including breaks).
It consists of lecturing parts and tutorials to allow you to practise what you've learned. If you have any questions, don't hesitate to contact us.
In the following, you can find the course materials and additional information:
- The slides for Monday, May 3, Bash Day 1
- The slides for Tuesday, May 4, Bash Day 2
- The slides for Wednesday, May 5, Bash Day 3
- The slides for Thursday, May 6, Bash Day 4
- The slides for Friday, May 7, Python Day 1
- The slides for Monday, May 10, Python Day 2
- The slides for Tuesday, May 11, Python Day 3
- The slides for Wednesday, May 12, Python Day 4
- The slides for Friday, May 13, Python Day 5
- Monday, May 3, Galton Board, sample solutions: [galtonboard.sh]
- Tuesday, May 4, File Renamer and Address Manager, sample solutions:[file_renamer.sh][addresses.sh]
- Wednesday, May 5, Chocolate Competition
- Thursday, May 6, Simulation runtime results
- Friday, May 7, TicTacToe, sample solutions: [tictactoe_solution.py]
- Monday, May 10, Caesar's Cipher (with Chocolate Option); text examples and solutions, see below.
- Tuesday, May 11, Blackjack (LAST Chocolate!), sample solutions: [blackjack_solution.py]
- Wednesday, May 12, Practicing Modules & Co.
- Thursday, May 13, Advanced File Renamer in Python; solution see below.
- story.tgz: Sample folder and sample text files
- MCMC.tgz: MCMC files
- sed_example.txt: well commented step-by-step instruction for a sed replacement task
- runtimes.tgz: molecular dynamics runtime results
- tictactoe.py: program frame for Python tutorial 1
- Solutions and files for Python tutorial 2
- blackjack.py: program frame for Python tutorial 3
- renamer.py: sample solution for Python tutorial 5; note that almost all the code is dedicated to help and comments; the real functionality is rather short.