Seminar Scientists and Ethics - Winter 15
- Winter 15
- Univ.-Prof. Dr. Thomas Huckle
- Time and Place
- Informatik (Bachelor, Master)
- Semesterwochenstunden / ECTS Credits
- 2 SWS / 4 Credits
Überfachliche Grundlagen! Soft Skills!
The seminar will take place in blocks on a few days in January
Registration in TUMOnline AND email to email@example.com
Only 20 participants are possible.
8. July 2015 14:00 - 14:30 in room 02.07.023
Already chosen topics that are no more available are marked with -
- Albert Einstein
- Bertrand Russell (Mathematics)
- Werner Heisenberg
- Fritz Haber (Chemistry)
- John von Neumann
- Max Planck
- - Genetic research, Cloning, Stem cells
- Animal Experiments
- Medizine during the Nazi era - Euthanasia,..
- Wernher von Braun
- Nils Bohr (Physics)
- Edward Teller (Physik)
- J. Robert Oppenheimer (Physics)
- Andrej Sacharow (Physics)
- "Deutsche Mathematik"
- "Deutsche Physik"
- Fraud in science
- Error in Science
- Epistemology - Limits of Science (Skeptizismus,Kant, Popper,..)
- Star Wars, SDI, MD: Missile defense
- Kurt Goedel
- Lise Meitner
- Bella Abramova Subbotovskaya: Jewish People's Univ.
- Freedom of the internet
- - Open Source - Philosophy
- - Alfred Nobel
- Doping (Sport)
- Doping (brain)
- - Watson, Crick and the decypherment of the DNA
- Creationismus and Intelligent Design, Religion vs. Science
- - Women in Computer Science
- - John Nash - A beautiful Mind
- - Alan Turing
- Konrad Lorenz
- Fermat Conjecture and Andrew Wiles
- Curta - Hand calculator for Hitler
- Science and Ethics in literature
- Science and Politics
- - Political Science - Legitimization of governments,...
- Mathematics of voting systems
- Paradoxa in Mathematics, Arts, Psychology
- Richard Feynman
- - Advertisements/Commercials/Psychology: Secret Seducers
- Science and Religion
- Science and Patents
- Language and brain
- - Milgram-Experiment
- - Stanford-Experiment
- Ten ways to lose an audience, "good lecturing"
- The story of the "IG-Farben" - Trusts and nazis
- Industrial espionage
- - "I" and "Free Will" - a myth?
- Arguments for the existence of god?
- Pierre Teilhard de Chardin
- - The history of psychiatry
- Historical criticism in biblical studies
- Georg Cantor
- Linus Pauling
- Food chemistry/psychology
- Konrad Zuse
- Science in the GULAG (Solschenizyn)
- Capitalism - "Soziale Marktwirtschaft" - Communism
- - Wikileaks
- Humboldt and the Bologna Process
- Robot ethics, "death by algorithm"
- Death Penalty
- War and politics
- Nuclear power - yes or no
- How to achieve outstanding research
- Digital dementia
- talk: <= 45 min, ppt, pdf; has to be sent ca. 1 week in advance to me (Email orr personally)
- For each session we will announce a student chair
- Paper: ca. 8 pages, until ca. March 2016
- Seminar will be held in blocks end of January
- Fixing the schedule at a meeting at the beginning of the winter term
- Literature and advice per email or personally
- Each student has to participate at ca. 9 talks.
- Possible debriefing in my office