Benjamin Rüth, M.Sc. (hons)
- TU München
- Institut für Informatik
- Boltzmannstr. 3
- 85748 Garching b. München
- MI 02.05.059
- (089) 289 18 629
- (089) 289 18 607
- Office Hours:
- Tuesday, Thursday 09:00 - 11:30 during lecture period, by arrangement otherwise
- Research Gate
Open Student Projects
Topics change with my ongoing work and depend mostly on the interests and experience of the student. It is best to contact me directly if you are interested in a thesis or student project. Here is a list of topics I am interested in:
- (More or less) everything connected to preCICE
- Multiphysics (e.g. fluid-structure interaction)
- Time integration methods
- Computational fluid dynamics
Running Student Projects
- Richard Hertrich: Testing of preCICE Fluent Adapter (Forschungspraktikum MSE)
Finished Student Projects
M. Alhasni: Multi-GPU parallelization of dynamic heat transfer model on the Moon [pdf] [BibTeX].
Master's thesis, Department of Informatics, Technical University of Munich, March 2018.
- Fluid-structure interaction (FSI)
- Multiphysics, blackbox coupling
- Multiscale simulation
- Time integration schemes (multirate, parallel, coupled)
- Co-developer of preCICE
- Co-developer of web applications for teaching in mechanics and mathematics. See also here.
B. Rüth: Computer-Aided Design in Virtual Reality [pdf] [BibTeX].
Master's thesis, Department of Informatics, Technical University of Munich, February 2017.
S. Joshi, J. C. Medina, F. Menhorn, S. Reiz, B. Rüth, E. Wannerberg and A. Yurova: CAD-integrated Topology Optimization (BGCE Honours Project) [pdf] [BibTeX].
Studienarbeit/SEP/IDP, Department of Informatics, Technical University of Munich, April 2016.
B. Rüth: Implementation of test scenarios for incompressible flow using a divergence-free finite-element approach [pdf] [BibTeX].
Bachelor's thesis, Department of Informatics, Technical University of Munich, October 2014.
Talks & Posters
B. Rüth: High-Order Time Stepping in Partitioned FSI with Black-Box Solvers [pdf] [BibTeX].
WCCM XIII / PAMACM II, New York, July 2018.
B. Rüth: Efficient Time Stepping in Partitioned Multi-Physics [pdf] [BibTeX].
ISC, Frankfurt, June 2018.
B. Rüth: Time stepping algorithms for partitioned multi-scale multi-physics in preCICE [pdf] [BibTeX].
ECCM-ECFD, Glasgow, June 2018.
B. Rüth: Improving Time Stepping in Partitioned Multi-Physics [pdf] [BibTeX].
89th GAMM Annual Meeting, Munich, March 2018.
B. Rüth: Time Stepping for Partitioned Multi-Physics [pdf] [BibTeX].
GAMM CSE, Jülich, October 2017.