Algorithms of Scientific Computing II - Winter 16
- Univ.-Prof. Dr. Thomas Huckle
- Time and Place
- Lecture: weekly, Thursdays 12:10 - 13:40 MI 02.07.023 (starting 20.10.2016)
- Tutorial: biweekly, Fridays 14:30 - 16:00 MI 02.07.034 (starting 11.11.2016) , 10:15 - 11:45 MI 02.07.023 (only on 28.10.2016)
- Elective topic in Informatik Bachelor/Master/Diplom subject area Algorithms and Scientific Computing
- Wirtschaftsinformatik Bachelor (Modul IN2002)
- Master Data Engineering and Analytics
- Master Mathematics in Data Science
- Valeriy Khakhutskyy
- 27.4. 10-15
- Semesterwochenstunden / ECTS Credits
- 3 SWS (2V + 1Ü) / 4 Credits
- If you need oral repetition exam please register in TUMOnline until March 31.
The oral examination will be Thursday April 27th, room 02.05.044. Please inscribe yourself in the time table for the examination that is displayed on the door of room 02.05.044.
- There won't be any lecture on Dec. 22
- There will be a tutorial on Dec. 16 instead of Dec. 23
All materials are provided in moodle
This semester the lecture will be held by Prof. Huckle with a focus on Scientific Computing. The following themes will be covered:
- Tensor Decompositions and Quantum Computing
- Image Processing und ill-posed problems
- Wavelet und Multigrid
Lecture IN0019 Numerical Programming or similar basic knowledge in numerical methods.