Seminar Uncertainty Quantification - Summer 14
Jump to navigation Jump to search
- Summer 14
- Tobias Neckel, Alfredo Parra , Benjamin Uekermann
- Time and Place
- Kick-off meeting: 28.01.2014 14:30-15:30 room: 02.07.023. Slides
- Presentations: Wednesday, 3-5pm, IAS Conference Room 1+2 (1st floor, German counting), except 18.06.2014: MI 01.06.011
- Students from Master Computational Science and Engineering (IN2183), Informatics (IN2107), and Mathematics (MA6015)
- Semesterwochenstunden / ECTS Credits
- 4 ECTS (CSE, IN), 3 ECTS (MA), volume of work will be adapted
- UQ Seminar SS14
- All information will be presented at the kick-off meeting (see above), please attend this meeting if you are interested in this seminar.
- Max. number of participants: 10
- The seminar will be completely in English, so the students also have to give their talks and to write their papers in English.
Basics in Stochastics
For the seminar, some basic knowledge in Stochastic in requested. To bridge some lack of knowledge, we want to refer to the following literature:
- The chapter on Stochastic basics in Random Differential Equations in Scientific Computing (open access)
- The chapter on Stochastic basics in Uncertainty Quantification: Theory, Implementation, and Applications. Ralph C. Smith. We have 2 exemplars to borrow or copy from.
- For a wider background: H.-O. Georgii: Stochastik. Einführung in die Wahrscheinlichkeitstheorie und Statistik. de Gruyter, 2009. eBook link, there is also an English version.
Please find the material concerning the talks in the restricted area.
|01||Introduction to UQ||Apr 23, 2014||Apostolos Petalas||Tobias Neckel|
|02||Sampling Methods in UQ||Apr 30, 2014||Haris Jabbar||Tobias Neckel|
|03||Polynomial Chaos 1: Galerkin||May 7, 2014||Sebastian Stemmer||Benjamin Uekermann|
|04||Polynomial Chaos 2: Collocation||May 14, 2014||Steffen Seckler||Alfredo Parra|
|05||Data Assimilation / Data Input||May 21, 2014||Aleksandra Pachalieva||Valeriy Khakhutskyy|
|06||Sparse Grids (in UQ)||May 28, 2014||Paul Sarbu||Alfredo Parra|
|07||Karhunen-Loève Expansion (for UQ)||Jun 4, 2014||Ionut Farcas||Benjamin Uekermann|
|08||UQ for RODE (SODE)||Jun 11, 2014||Nils Hoppe||Alfredo Parra|
|09||UQ in Fluid Dynamics||Jun 18, 2014||Afshin Loni||Tobias Neckel|
|10||UQ in Fluid-Structure Interaction||Jun 25, 2014||Esam Ishaq||Benjamin Uekermann|
|11||Closing Session||Jul 2, 2014||-||-|