CSE Seminar Benefits of Hierarchy and Adaptivity - Summer 09
- Summer 09
- Dr. Michael Bader, Dr. Miriam Mehl
- Time and Place
- block seminar (see below for schedule)
- Computational Science and Engineering, 2nd semester
- Semesterwochenstunden / ECTS Credits
- 2 SWS (2S) / 4 Credits
- Thursday, February 12, 2009 (11:00) in room 02.07.023.
- Wednesday, May 6, 2009 (9:00):
worksheet "overview on the seminar"
|Narek Melik-Barkhudarov||Sparse Grids and Financial Problems as an Application Example||Miriam Mehl|
|Sarpkan Selcuk||Multigrid Algorithms on Spacetree Grids||Michael Bader|
|Daniel Kleine-Albers||Parallelisation on Octrees Using Space-Filling Curves||Michael Bader|
|Javier Enciso Moreno||Using the Peano Curve for Parallelisation||Miriam Mehl|
|Kaveh Rahnema||Error Estimators for Dynamical Adaptivity||Miriam Mehl|
|Mohammad Golam Zilani Suman||Advancing Front Methods||Michael Bader|
|Opening Session||Wed, May 6||09:00-10:00||room 02.07.023|
|HowTo Review & Presentation||Wed, May 27||09:00-10:00||tba|
|Presentations 1 & 2
|Fri, June 26||12:00-14:00||tba|
|Presentations 3, 4 & 5
(Selcuk, Kleine-Albers, Enciso Moreno)
|Mo, June 29||14:00-16:30||tba|
|Wed, July 1||08:00-10:00||tba|
Each student will give one presentation (approx. 45 minutes) in the seminar. In addition to her or his talk, each student will have to prepare a short paper (8-10 pages), which will be reviewed by two other seminar participants. The paper and the two reviews will, in addition to the talk, be considered to determine the final grade.
- deadline for paper: Mon, May 25, 2009.
- deadline for review: Mon, June 15, 2009.
- deadline for final paper: Mon, June 29, 2009
For recession rules see our Regulations.