Introduction to Programming (winter 2001/2002)
- students in Computational Science and Engineering (CSE, compulsory course)
Time and Place:
Monday 14:15-15:00, lecture room 2705A
Contents: The lectures will cover a basic topics of programming. The programming examples will be done using Maple.
- Expressions and variables
- Functions and recursive programming
- Basic data structures: sequences, lists, sets
- Controll structures: if, while and for
- Example: Archimedes' approach to numerical quadrature
- Example: Solving Linear Systems of Equations
The course will be followed by a block-tutorial "C" in the winter holidays.
The work sheets used in the lectures and tutorials will be published on this site.
Tutor: to be announced
Time and Place: Monday, 15:15-16:00, lecture room 2705A
The final exam was on Tuesday, January, 29th. The results will be published soon.
To pass the course "Introduction to Programming", students will have to participate in the block-tutorial "C/C++" as well.